At the Scottsdale plastic surgery practice of Dr. Ronald Caniglia, we are committed to choosing the cosmetic treatment that will best suit the individual needs of our patients. When it comes to smoothing wrinkles and minimizing the appearance of skin laxity on the face, there are a number of possible treatment options and techniques. For our patients in Scottsdale, facelift surgery is one of the most popular procedures performed to reduce the signs of facial aging. At Caniglia Facial Plastic Surgery, we offer a number of alternatives that can effectively revitalize your appearance.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers have quickly become the most frequently requested enhancement to facelift surgery. Products such as Juvèderm®, Radiesse™, Restylane®, and Perlane® can be used to fill in lines and restore volume that has been lost to aging. Whether you have deep creases around the mouth, a gaunt appearance under the cheeks, or sagging jowls, Dr. Caniglia will use the most appropriate type and amount of dermal filler product to rejuvenate the face.
- Submalar Implant: Many of our patients experience the loss of facial fat in the cheek area. For ideal candidates, Doctor Caniglia can place a submalar implant in each cheek/midface to restore lost volume. This is a very natural and permanent, yet reversible procedure.
While the use of dermal fillers and placement of submalar implants enhance the results of facelift surgery, there are a number of complementary treatments that address other signs of aging.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®: BOTOX® Cosmetic has been the number one non-surgical cosmetic treatment in the United States for several years in a row. A similar product that offers comparable results, Dysport®, was recently approved by the FDA. While facelift surgery is designed to treat the mid and lower areas of the face, both BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are indicated for use on the forehead, between the brows, or around the eyes. The treatment is an excellent complement to procedures performed on the lower two-thirds of the face.
- Brow or Eyelid Lift Surgery: Brow and eyelid lift surgery is the surgical alternative to BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® injections. Browlift surgery rejuvenates the sagging brow by elevating the brows to a more youthful, natural position; upper eyelid surgery removes excess upper eyelid skin; and lower eyelid surgery reduces the appearance of under eye bags and wrinkling.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing can offer a dramatic improvement in reduction of skin wrinkling, as well as improve overall skin color and the condition of the skin. As we age, the skin may become affected by hyperpigmentation in the form of sun damage or age spots. Skin texture may also become uneven due to prolonged exposure to environmental elements. With laser skin resurfacing, the facial imperfections are noticeably reduced, producing a more toned and beautiful complexion in patients.
Contact Caniglia Facial Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation about treatments that we offer.